September 20, 2016

Overdue Room Revamp

I'm drumming up motivation to finish decorating some more of our house. I have finally inspired the husband to get on board helping me inside the house! He is usually just focussed on outside projects :)
My chosen main colour for upstairs Dulux Linseed.

Upstairs is currently yellow! It is an open plan type area consisting of our kitchen, dining and lounge. I am going with a more neutral colour, it looks light here but it's a mid- tone grey on the warmer side of the greys. I nearly went lighter but that made me nervous. It's funny how I feel nervous with lighter standard colours, but I feel completely at home painting my walls dark colours. I'm actually still a little nervous about grey! I would actually prefer a colour but have met my husband half-way with the decision, with some small walls to be painted colourful instead. Plus, some wallpaper has been ordered!
Our chosen Piet Hein Eek wallpaper

I also have some painted lights going in. This one I have just finished, it's not actually going in the room we're currently working on, but it's a finished creative project just the same and I will have it installed at the same time as the other lights.
It used to be black. I painted the main part with terracotta colour spray paint, then threw some builders sand onto it whilst it was still wet. I then got some oil paints that I thinned down (raw umber and a bit of yellow from memory) and dabbed it on here and there. The beads were removed and spray painted a metallic blue, which I had to undercoat in a lighter colour first.

Here's a particularly grainy picture showing some of the yellow being covered up. And kids keep pulling pom poms off my light shade! 
I can't wait to get my wallpaper delivered and finish the job off. We have a list of about 20 things we want to complete for upstairs. 

And when I'm tired at the end of the day I will keep working away at this rug hooking project I've been working on. I'm sure it will look good somewhere upstairs against my new grey walls.
I'm really enjoying working on the revamp. I'll show some progress shots as we go along.

Jules :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10