December 16, 2013

Hello :)

Hello & welcome to my new blog!
Those who used to follow me would know me as Julie Knoblock, but I am now Jules Madden.
I am excited about blogging again after around 5 years break! My kiddies are growing up fast and I am able to squeeze in a bit of time for myself. I miss the connections I had from when I used to blog; and I'm excited about new possibilities and sharing my art journey with you guys. My first post is not going to be about art, but about my other love... eating healthily. I don't really like to cook, I'd be so much happier if someone else did it all for me, but I really love to provide wholesome, healthy food to my family. I have gone all crazy and hardcore over food and nutrition in the last few years!! It all started from around the time I read the Changing Habits Changing Lives book by Cyndi O'Meara. Then a friend introduced me to the documentary Food Matters, and my now health guru Phillip Day. It's been all uphill, or downhill from there, depending on your perspective! It certainly isn't an easier lifestyle, but it's one I can feel proud of.


Check out yesterday's bounty from the veggie garden! Spinach & lettuce, mmmmm. We eat heaps of salads and juices and smoothies which greens all get added to. Yummers. There is a bit of prep work that goes into how we eat... here I was getting ready to make sauerkraut. It's bubbling away in the cupboard now. Every time I see it I think "bubble, bubble, toil and trouble". The paw paw in the tub went in the freezer. I'm thinking I could make it into a frozen dessert or just chuck it in smoothies.


That's it for now. I promise my next post will be about art in some form!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10