February 08, 2016

Keeping Creative in Everyday Life

Miss 5 has started school. If you didn't get a whiff of my excitement regarding that from my previous post! But last Wednesday was a rest day (I needed one too after a couple of days of frenzied work plus getting back into routine & school preparations).

I didn't have any big plans for the day; except for watching a movie together & visiting an arty friend who now runs the Jindivick Tavern where I have some art hanging.

We started our day by watching How To Train Your Dragon. Seen it? I personally love watching movies that are inspire me creatively. I love checking out character design (the dragons are especially good) and just watching how they move, the backgrounds, the colours. Not to mention How To Train Your Dragon is a pretty entertaining movie.
Miss 5 really got into it. She wanted to save her snack for when the main dragon Toothless ate some fish. Then after the movie she found her Toothless toy and some dolls and little wooden table tops from the dolls house to use as shields and got stuck into some pretend play.

Later we got into the car and she requested the one song from the soundtrack that we have on the iPod. Toothless dove and flew around in the backseat to the song. (She did mention that she 'needs' the characters from the movie to use in her play, as equestria dolls just don't have the same effect..)

At the Tavern, Wendy (who runs it along with her partner) gave her some paper and pencils (as she sits in there & paints, too) and Miss 5 did a drawing of Toothless.
I just loved watching the inspiration Miss 5 got from the movie evolve into imaginative play & then art. It was so fun to watch how involved she got with that unplanned theme of the day.

Kids are just naturally so creative, passionate and spontaneous. They amaze me all the time.

Jules :)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10