October 25, 2016

Painting Sections

I have been working on finishing a few paintings this week.

I often think of paintings as like a complex version of a choose-your-own-adventure. At every second there is a decision to make; make a line (thick, thin, fast, careful, transparent...), paint over an element, select a colour from hundreds of colours... the options and possibilities are endless.

And then sometimes I find myself looking at sections of my paintings and think that they could make new paintings in their own right.

An art friend recently brought up this subject unprompted and told me that artists have done this in the past, selling a reproduction of a section of the original painting alongside its master as it's own proud artwork.

I never knew!

Here are a few visuals of a few sections I caught. No whole artworks here.






I hope you enjoyed zoning in with me.
Jules :)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10